Shipping Supervisor Employment in Hickory, NC
If you’re an individual looking to find a Full Time Shipping Supervisor job in Hickory NC, you can be assured of dealing with experts at Foothills Staffing.
|Job Title||Shipping Supervisor|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Rate of Pay||to be determined|
|Drug Test Req'd:||Yes|
|Background Check Req'd:||Yes|
Special Requirements or Certifications
Skills (state the type of skills for position success; i.e., specific PC software, math, communication, etc.)
• Must have good attendance record and past record of dependability.
• Must have the ability to communicate and work well with other departments (particularly shipping and receiving coordinators).
• Apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagrammatic form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in/or from standardized situations.
• Calculate surfaces, volumes, weights, and measures. Understands kinds of angles, and properties of pairs of angles.
• Write simple sentences. Compare similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
• Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, AS400
Essential Functions (state the activities that are essential to job success; begin each statement with an activity verb and end with some purpose; group like or similar activities under a common heading)
- Works with inspectors, wrappers and loaders to ensure daily production schedules are completed on time.
- Ensures that all associates are properly trained to maintain the expectations of Kroehler.
- Ensures that all facility safety programs are being administered; inspections, ISP, training, personal protective equipment, Safety Committee, etc.
- Works with each department to identify and implement methods to improve efficiency.
- Ensures department is property staffed and meets budgeted production gorals including interviewing applicants and recommending new hire to HR department.
- Works with corporate traffic department to insure that the correct carriers are being used.
- Review and recommends the correct packaging procedures and materials used on all products.
- Coaches and counsels associates with performance issues using the progressive discipline system up to recommending terms to HR department.
- Administers communication and training/development programs such as: performance appraisals, team building, department meetings and succession planning.
- Serves as back-up for our Yard Driver. Experience moving trailers to and from the yard.
- Reviews weekly payroll, i.e., hours worked, overtime, transfers, etc.
- Recommend measures to improve quality standards;
- Practice safe work habits and observe plant safety rules;
- Maintain a clean work area;
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager.